Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Unfolded

There's a letter I wrote almost a year ago.
Confessing a deep hurt, confessing a deep pain.
I've always found it easier to express my feelings in writing.
To write down on paper what doesnt seem to find its way to my tongue.
The words dont come so easily from my mouth, but they fly from my pen.
And you know what? That's ok.
It's ok to write down things that are too hard to say.
I look at the letter now, and it remains in a special place.
It remains unfolded.
It reminds me that healing takes time, like my friend put it once,
"there's layers to healing."
And  as much as I'd like to wake up and wish the hurt away, I can't.
But what I can do is continually lay it at the feet of Jesus. 
To take the hurt, lay it at the cross, and know my shame was carried on His shoulders.
To, like my unfolded letter, know that the hurt is never gone, but there's relief from the pain.
I know of so many women who are hurting like I am,
there's invisible scars that others cant see but feel like they are right on the surface.
 But I encourage you, if you are a woman who is walking thru the pain with a suffering friend,
to hold on thru the waves of healing.
There is so many, there is anger, there is tears, there is so much weighty emotion.
But I thank God for each of you that are walking this road with their loved one.
You are incredibly brave and selfless.
Know Jesus picked you especially to help and bear this weight, 
He trusted you to care for His hurting lamb.
To those that have walked this rocky path with me,
THANK YOU.
I will never be able to express how grateful I am for the love poured out when I felt empty.
For those that have offered their shoulders to help carry my burden.
I thank Jesus every day for each of you, and those out there on the same path.
May we be women, who like the good Samaritan, go out of their way to help a beaten soul.



 



1 comment:

  1. I love you so much friend! You are a treasure! I am SO thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete