Sunday, January 19, 2014

a simple style post

There is something rewarding about being able to walk out the door of my house dressed in a comfortable, simple and affordable outfit.
Even if I have to run to the store, I know yoga pants and a t shirt are not my only options.
Don't get me wrong, yoga pants and t shirts are my favorite outfit, of ALL time.
Yoga pants are the most forgiving of pants (my butt shouts a hooray!)and tshirts are comfy and who doesnt love comfy?

But it's nice to switch things up a bit.
So for me I like to grab my faithful skinnys and riding boots, pick out a graphic tee (there's horsies on mine, like the grown up version of My Little Pony) and a blazer.
Let's all thank the fashion world for blazers.  
I can wear that guy with anything, except my yoga pants but those dont count right now.
I will admit, it has been a battle adjusting to this new body of mine.
I am thankful for it, it's carried three sweet babes into the world.
But it is new to me. It is like we are strangers still trying to get acquainted.
 I wake up and attempt to put on pants I wore when I was 18,
and it yells at me saying "no way girlfriend, took you ten minutes just to get into these guys!"
So my goodwill pile grows daily.
But you know what? It's ok.
Just means my pile of comfy clothes that I can feel confident in grows too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment