Monday, December 30, 2013

new year's declaration

2013...gone already?
Year of finding a voice lost long ago.
Year of welcoming my third baby.
Year of reaching a new level in my marriage.
Year of creativity.
Year of growth.
Year of acceptance.
2013, even though you were riddled with some tears and growing pains, you were good to me. 
I know Jesus more because of you.
But next year, its gonna be good too. Because who wants to say that their next year is gonna be bad?
Next year, is a big year. I am not 100% sure why exactly, but I can feel it. 
There is gonna be a lot of changes next year, for the better. I feel the Lord is gonna do something big in our little family.
2014 I am ready for ya!
But you are making me realize some things I could work on changing.
So here is my declaration 2014!
I stephanie johnson, will get my booty up earlier in the mornings for quiet time. Which means I will put my booty in bed earlier at night. I will do better with time management!
 I will exercise. I just laughed out loud at this one, but I will do it! For reals. I have a condition called "muffin top" and it can only be cured with kale. Ok, maybe more than just kale, but kale will help!
I will run. I will run sometimes (let's not get too crazy!)
 I will stop eating the cookie dough in the fridge.
I will stop buying so much cookie dough.
I will drink more water! Get ready trusty Camelback!
I will read more instead of watch tv. I will ask people to hold me accountable to this, and maybe even read with me.
I will get better glasses (I really like the big glasses "nerdy" look, then realized the big glasses take up half my face, not comfy)
I will have more faith. I will trust that all things are possible with God.
I will start looking at oppurtunities with optimism and endurance rather than fear and doubt.
I will look at that mountain and say move.
I will daily take up my cross and wear a crown of thorns, knowing one day soon those will be exchanged for royal adornments.
I will show my kids, that Jesus is our greatest treasure. I will talk of Him daily, constantly.
I will laugh with my husband more, and encourage him.
I will serve my friends with integrity and humbleness.
I will face the changes ahead of me with grace (and a full water bottle)
In Jesus name, bless this upcoming year.
Sincerely, steph.
 

4 comments:

  1. so excited to see what the Lord will do in and through you this year! You are such a blessing in my life and I'm so thankful for you. I can't promise I'll work out with you, but i'm totally up for reading a book together again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Praising the Lord for a fruitful and blessed 2013 & thanking Him in advance for all He will do in the year to come! I am thankful for you friend & thankful for your consistant encouragement in my life! The Lord is doing a mighty work in you! Oh & I am totally up for being your running buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet encouragement! Happy 2014 to you...Hope it is filled with the Lord's many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and love your writing! It's like reading a book and I can't stop turning the pages!

    ReplyDelete