Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Christmas Happys

So I know I said that fall was my husband's jams, but in reality Christmas is the jams of those jams for my man. When it comes to decorating and gift giving and merriment, he is all in. The Christmas carols and Michel Buble Christmas cd get whipped out early in this household! Weeks before Thanksgiving he was already shower singing (term I made up while one sings in the shower without knowing someone else is listening) "Let it snow."
But I am so thankful for his excitement, because it excites me and our kids about the joy of this season. The joy the angels felt when they proclaimed the good news of our Savior's birth to the shepherds on that hill. The joy Mary felt when this little babe she had grown and loved since speaking to Gabriel had made His way into her arms. The joy earth felt when at last, her King had come! 
This joy has been welcomed into our home as the crafting and decorating for this season has gotten into full swing!
 Our Christmas tree stands tall and proud high above the reaches of grabby little two year old hands!
 Baby trees and a bird! If you have never seen the clip of the show Portlandia's "Put a Bird on It," you are missing out. One of my best friends gave me a couple fake birds to decorate with because she knows that cracks me up!
This little banner I made out of a yard of burlap, some twine and a sharpie marker. Unfortunately due to the stockings you can only see the "Silent" part of "Silent Night." I promise I didn't make a banner that said "silent" to get my kids to be quiet now and then, but hey everybody needs visual reminders sometimes!
 My husband came up with the idea to make this little stocking holder guy. He used a random piece of wood we had laying in the basement, does anybody else have random wood in your house? Anyway he grabbed some old drawer handles and chalkboard paint and made this cutie!


 My happy little tree family! My daughter came up with the idea of making a unique tree for each member of our family. She gets most of her creativity from her mama, dad helped.

 Ah the entryway table, one of my favorite little nooks in our home.
 A great and wonderfully talented friend of mine drew this on our chalkboard, she whipped this guy out in less than twenty minutes! I am so glad she could do this for me because it would have taken me til Christmas to get it done and not look this good!
 This tiny yet serene nativity has been in my family a long time, and it makes me tear up and smile all at the same time.
And shout out to the greatest candle ever made!!!
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope ya'll enjoy your Christmas happys and sharing in the joy of Christ's birth!

2 comments:

  1. Way to put a bird on it! Hahahaha You certainly know how to make a home warm and inviting! I live every last bit of it!

    ReplyDelete